As active partner & CFO, NHC brought financial and corporate management discipline to the fitness club chain, including a strategic plan to generate enterprise value.
- Re-branded to cutting edge club format under one brand.
- New business model - high value / low price membership with robust fitness service offerings & revenue generation.
- Expanded in-club products + services.
- Increased square feet of clubs and amenity mix, growing average revenues and profits per location.
- KPI Metrics: improved membership sales, pricing enhancement, member retention, and ancillary revenue conversion through adoption of best practices.
The Edge emerged as an industry leader:
- Differentiated club format and amenity mix.
- Proven market share leader against national chains in its communities. Best value in fitness.
- Excellence in fitness service revenue. Best-in-class personal training platform.
- Scalable sales + service systems.
Significant enterprise value was created. The Edge became a bigger and better company, offering an outstanding fitness product to consumers and growth opportunities for employees. NHC and management owners generated strong investment returns.